Windmill Hill City Farm operates with the following principles.
- Its activities put volunteer activity and community involvement at the heart of what it does.
- It engages in diverse activities with each area feeding into and drawing on the others.
- It takes positive steps to include and involve all members of society.
- It works in partnership with other organisations to achieve greater outcomes.
- It sets high standards for the sustainability of its activities.
- It aims to properly reward its staff, provide them with development, involve them in setting direction, stimulate and engage them.
- Is clear, focused, open and transparent about its aims and objectives.
- Is led and managed well to deliver its work effectively.
Windmill Hill City Farm is…
¨ A farm for the local community to share.
¨ A place that inspires, informs and educates people, that is busy with visitors who have a wide range of backgrounds and experience, and that reaches out to all people in our community.
¨ A beacon for sustainable living, where people can experience, see, understand and learn about animals and plants, their environment, and food production.
¨ A space for people to visit, enjoy, play, relax and to meet people.
¨ A sanctuary for people and nature.
¨ An organisation that is both responsive to and a leader within our community.