Social Skills Agency
The Social Skills Agency – a not-for-profit organisation based in Bristol – offers social skills learning programmes for children and young people who struggle with social situations. They specialise in supporting children and teenagers with Asperger’s Syndrome and Autism.
Their programmes use drama, music, film and many more creative platforms to provide young people with a chance to explore and develop their social communication in a safe, nonjudgmental environment.
Programmes are tailored to the individual needs of the participants. Social skills learnt in the groups may include:
- play and conversation skills – turn taking, greeting peers, sharing, and understanding multiple perspectives
- teamwork – negotiation and compromising
- understanding friendships
- accepting yourself – self-esteem and resilience
A range of programmes, groups and clubs are offered including:
- drama / creative club for 10 to 18 year-olds
- music club for 13-25 year-olds
- pre-employment skills for 15-25 year-olds (one-to-one or small group sessions)
Adult Social Skills Programme
One-to-one and coaching sessions are available. Topics may include: work, relationships, meeting new people, social etiquette practices in cafés and restaurants.
For people outside Bristol, the Social Skills Agency can offer one-to-one support, including classroom and parent support strategies, according to identified needs.
If you would like to find out more, or to register your interest in enrolling, please contact the Social Skills Agency through their website www.socialskillsagency.org or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org