Wild Outdoors Day
Come and join us for a great day out at the farm for all the family. There will be lots of fun things to do with an outdoors/nature theme including nature activities, outdoor cooking, fabulous live music, bar, Farmer Tim’s BBQ and stalls, including the popular WHCF plant stall.
Cost: £3 adults / £1 children
No need to book – just turn up on the day! We open at 11am.
With the numbers of Wild Outdoors revellers expected, we’ll be serving all The City Farm Café food in compostable Vegware containers rather than crockery, and would like to encourage everybody to bring reusable food and drink containers by offering 10% off any The City Farm Café item sold in your own container.
Download a poster
Food and drink
- The City Farm Café – hot and cold drinks, lush homemade cakes, sausage rolls (meaty and vegetarian/vegan), warming stew with farm-reared meat, and soup
- Lucille’s Caravan – selling ice cream and coke floats
- Kabala Kitchen – serving up their incredibly inventive vegan streetfood
- with Farmer Tim’s lamb burgers on the BBQ and the kiosk by the play area acting as a café outpost, we’ve got all your food needs covered!
- bar – serving Bristol Beer Factory beer, as well as cider and soft drinks
- Join Jo Ingleby for cookery sessions in our Barn Terrace throughout the day – you can book online in advance here!
- 11am: Corky – furthering the cause of agricultural hip-hop
- 12pm: I-Sha-Vii – original songs that will soothe your soul
- 1pm: Break Out Voices – an amateur choir that combines A Cappella vocals with beat boxing, percussion, movement and noise-making
- 2pm: The Bare Souls – rock and soul with an undercurrent of funk
- 3pm: The Brass Disciples – a 15+ strong community street band based in Bristol
- 4pm: The Big However – using discarded musicians found locally, The Big However play their own peculiar version lo-fi indie-folk
Visiting organisations and activities
Free activities in the outdoor play area
- join the Farm play team making mini-cork boats and mud tree faces
- the Children’s Scrapstore will be bringing their fantastic Cardboard City along for children to build the city of their dreams, using re-purposed scrap materials
- try out our new Dragon Swing