Job reference: 202201CFS01
Role: full-time position to work with children aged 1½ – 2½ years
Days/Hours: Monday to Friday: 40 hours per week (all year round)
Salary: £20,975 per annum (£10.08 per hour)
Essential criteria for this post
- a Level 3 Early Years qualification
- at least 1 year’s experience of working with children and families in an early years setting
About the role
Do you love working with children aged 0-5 years?
Do you have the passion to help give children that valuable start in life to a good education, helping children to develop their social skills in a safe and a caring environment that promotes learning through play?
If so, we would like you to join our team in creating a great indoor and outdoor learning environment for the children and build trusting relationships with their parents.
Do you love natural outdoor space?
Come and join our friendly and dedicated team of child-care professionals in our unique setting on one of the UK’s leading city farms where you have full access to all the resources it has to offer. This environment allows you to enjoy the 4.5 acre site, with woodlands, gardens, and ponds, not forgetting the farm animals, making each day different and exciting!
We can offer you the career opportunity that combines both these
Here at Windmill Hill City Farm we are seeking enthusiastic, passionate and creative early years educators to support the children and families who attend our setting and help them to achieve, develop and grow within this exclusive environment.
We can offer you:
- Support and guidance through working with a passionate childcare team.
- Training and development opportunities; we will help to develop your knowledge of child development and the Early Years Foundation Stage with training and support. You will also gain training and knowledge in areas across the farm such as, our social impact, sustainability, environmental matters to therapeutic working.
- Employee programme which covers, good practice elements such as workplace wellbeing, workplace culture & representation to pay and benefits – not forgetting 10% staff discount in our award-winning café!
- Access to all the resources the farm has to offer.
How to apply
Please state the job reference number with all applications or enquiries.
Download the job description and application form below:
JOB DESCRIPTION (PDF)
APPLICATION FORM (Word)
Then send your completed application to email@example.com.
Please note we are unable to accept CVs.
Closing date: We will review each application as it arrives. If your application is shortlisted, you will be invited to attend a play session and an interview.
Start date: as soon as possible
We are continuously striving to be an employer of choice and believe our work and ethos will be stronger with greater diversity and welcome applications from those who bring difference.
Windmill Hill City Farm is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare all vulnerable groups and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our commitment is underpinned by robust processes and procedures that seek to maximise opportunity, minimise risk and continuously promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our workforce.
All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment.